Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Monday, November 30, 2020
Wednesday, November 25, 2020
This morning started off with the arrival to The Nuthouse. I decided to bring donuts for everyone, so we could begin the overeating process for the long weekend. When we arrived, the pile of decorations The Boss deposited in the middle of the floor yesterday were still there waiting for us. As the Grinch of the group, I felt the pile of decorations was mocking me, but everyone else seemed to be excited about the tree trimming. I think it may have been the extra sugar from the donuts, but I could be wrong.
Once we finished our donut snacks, The Boss decided it was time to begin the tree trimming. This is when the fun really began (insert sarcasm here)! The Boss decided that first we should take everything out of the bags and boxes and review the materials we had. More than one employee mentioned that maybe we should set up the tree first because we would need the extra room and then access the remainder of the decorations. The Boss wasn't having it - he wanted all materials out of the bags and strewn across the floor. I swear, it's like working with a five-year-old child.
So, the tree assembly began and it went as smoothly as any other process in The Nuthouse. We had people who wanted to be in charge (The Boss, Drew and Mike), people who just went with the crowd (Rachael, Alex and Wayne) and those who didn't care and just wanted to leave early (Adam and I). Once the tree was up, then the lights had to be strung and the next world defining question was asked....do we start at the bottom or at the top? I swear, this discussion lasted fifteen fricken minutes! Finally, those insane individuals (who will remain nameless) that were arguing finally gave up and did what The Boss wanted. I so wanted to scream..."WHO CARES WHERE LIGHTS START, STRING THOSE F*CKERS SO WE CAN GO HOME!"
Next were the ornaments, two of which Wayne dropped and broke...oh, Wayne - you never fail to disappoint! By 3 PM the tree was finished and it actually looked nice considering the motley crew that put it together. By 3:30 PM I was out the door to begin my long Turkey Day weekend! I guess I am proud to say that I survived The Nuthouse tree trimming event!
Enjoy your holiday Nutties and don't eat too much! See you next week!
PS - I almost forgot - Mike made sure to comment that since Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ, he would bring in some religious ornaments on Monday to add to the tree since we currently didn't have any. Thank goodness for Mike (insert sarcasm here)!
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
Friday, November 20, 2020
Well, it's Friday once again (yippee) and although the insanity at The Nuthouse was quiet this week (except for Yogi), I wanted to give you a week end wrap up before you go off to enjoy your two-day hibernation (get it? hibernation..bear)
- Yogi did not come back that next night (click here for recap), but he did make an appearance the following evening. No, he did not raid the dumpster again, but he was interested in our glass entry door. I believe he may have visited a muddy area prior to stopping at The Nuthouse, because it looked like he rubbed his muddy body all over the glass door. It was quite a vision when we came in this morning.
- The Boss said he would clean the entry door of the mud described above. I should have known better than to say okay and just did it myself. He announced he would clean it up and had to don rubber gloves and eye protection to spray some Windex on the glass door. When I saw this ridiculous display, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to last until 5 PM (don't worry, I'm tough; I made it through the remainder of the day).
- It must be recruitment time at again the church that Mike and Wayne belong to (click here for recap). They have been meeting at all times during the day and keep talking about what a big day Sunday will be. Maybe they are going to sacrifice a goat or something...who knows.
- The Boss' injury is gone and no longer discussed or referenced. No more ace bandages, crutches or limping on the wrong side of the body (he sometimes forgets where he is actually injured). I am happy to say all employees survived his injury without killing him or inflicting an injury on themselves to get away.
- We have received a couple of small snowfalls here at The Nuthouse (nothing that would require plowing). The Boss has now realized that he will have to find someone to plow our parking lot since we no longer rent space. That has been a long and painful process. It sounds like he has someone he considers a friend (I'm not sure if this person knows he is considered a "friend") that he is going to hire to take care of the plowing. He was quite surprised that you couldn't just hire a plowing company to come when you called them, you actually had to contract with them to come once it snowed above a certain amount. He thought this was ridiculous and only wants someone to come when he calls. This doesn't have disaster written all over it! I hope it is not going to be too snowy this season. Stay tuned for updates as we get further into the winter season.
- The Boss has been talking about hiring another warehouse employee since business continues to improve. I'm not sure what steps he has taken to begin this process, but if it's anything like his last hire (click here for recap) (click here for recap), I will know to be prepared for porn printed from the internet when I clean out his area.
- Our mascot Frack is still going strong and continues to bring joy and humor to our humble workspace. Yes, The Boss is still obsessed with the two-gallon fish tank being too loud. I think Frack is just staying alive to annoy him. Gotta love that fish!
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Monday, November 16, 2020