Monday, August 31, 2020
Friday, August 28, 2020
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Monday, August 24, 2020
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Monday, August 17, 2020
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Friday, August 7, 2020
Nothing earth shattering occurred this week at The Nuthouse; just the normal craziness. I thought it might be time for another addition of "Random Stories From The Nuthouse." As you know, these are snippets of things heard around the office, but they don't quite have enough "meat" to warrant their own blog posting. Enjoy....
- I overheard our warehouse manager Adam pitching a fit about his parents this week. He was quite upset that his Mom asked him to come home at a decent hour during the week because he keeps waking up his Dad who is having some health issues. Adam made it perfectly clear to all those listening that he thinks this request is both ridiculous overstepping her bounds. Did you remember that Adam still lives at home at his advanced age? (click here to read about Adam).
- I think The Boss believes he fluent in French. We have a new customer in Canada and The Boss reached out to him this week. When he was connected to the individual, he started his conversation with Bonjour and said his name. When the person responded back in French, it was quickly apparent that The Boss had no idea what was just said. Now, most normal people would just speak in their native tongue. The Boss did that to a degree...he decided to speak his version of French - English words with a weird French accent. He sounded just like Pepe Le Pew from the Looney Toon cartoons.. It was hilarious; I hope he finds more French customers!
- John was in the kitchen grabbing a cup of coffee earlier this week and The Boss ran from his office to join him. I don't really know what was so important that it required such a dash from his office, but I did hear him informing John not to dump anything down the sink because someone had been putting bad stuff down the drain and clogged it up completely. He added that he had to fix the clogged sink himself (click here for the real story).
- Drew requested a small CAD drawing from John earlier this week (remember, he is our drafts person/technical representative). First, he had trouble finding the program on his computer (strange), but then, once he found it he wasn't quite sure how it worked. I believe Drew is still waiting for the drawing he requested. I heard John comment to someone in the warehouse that our CAD program doesn't look anything like the one he used in school. In case you may have forgotten, John is approximately 45 years old. Has he not used a CAD program since college? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the program may have changed a bit since then! Oh boy, this is going to be interesting.
- John is still settling in at The Nuthouse. He continues to comment that his chair aggravates his back (click here to read story). I asked The Boss about it and he said the chair is fine and it just needs some time to conform to his body. I think some of the "shine" is wearing off our new employee. For as annoying as The Boss can be, he really does crack me up sometimes.
- It's no secret that 2020 has been a total shit show. I'm thinking that before the summer is officially over, I should get away for a couple of days. Maybe head to the ocean and breath some salt air (at a safe and social distance, of course). I think I may take a long weekend.... think you'll miss me?
- There must be a big shindig coming up at church this weekend. Mike and Wayne have been spending a great deal of time together this week going over religious stuff. They are keeping to themselves, so I don't think it is a membership drive (click here for the last membership drive).
- On a personal note, I spoke with my Mom this week and she said she had a dry cough. She contacted her doctor and they wanted to do a tele-med appointment with her and maybe test her for COVID. She told them she didn't know how to do that and has since decided that she feels a bit better - plus she had a hair appointment, so she is going to do that instead of speaking with the doctor. Yup, my parents are slowing driving me to drink!
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Yesterday was going to be the first day for our new draft person/technical representative John; but guess what.....he called in sick! No, I misspoke when I said that, he didn't actually call in for his first day of work. He didn't show up at all and we had to call him, at which time he said he was ill and would not be in. I couldn't make this shit up if I tried!
The Nuthouse opens at 8 AM and by 8:30 AM The Boss was becoming concerned that John hadn't arrived and that no one had heard anything from him. I inquired if he knew what time we started and The Boss assured me that he had discussed it with him on Friday when he came in to sign his employment papers. By 9 AM, The Boss decided to phone him and after about six rings, John picked up the phone. Now, I don't think John had put The Nuthouse number in his contact list, because when he initially answered, he sounded chipper, but once The Boss identified himself, John immediately sounded a bit under the weather. He told The Boss that he was sick and wouldn't be able to make it; he then said goodbye and hung up. To say The Boss was pissed was an understatement - it was hilarious!
Fast forward to today. No one knew if John would be coming in or not. No one knew, if he wasn't planning on attending the festivities, if he would call in or not. So many questions.... At 7:55 AM we had our answers; bounding up the walkway like a dumb labrador retriever was our newest Nuthouse employee, John. He came in said good morning and asked where he was sitting. He did not mention a word about yesterday and he looked pretty healthy too.
The Boss came out to meet him and asked how he was feeling and John replied, "great." This just added to the anger from yesterday.... again, hilarious. The Boss took John out to the warehouse where he would be stationed and must have told him if he needed anything special to let me know and I would make sure we ordered it for him because before The Boss had made it back to his office my intercom was ringing and it was John.
Now, mind you, I had put paper, pens, paperclips, phone manual, computer passwords, etc. on the middle of his desk yesterday in preparation for his first day. I had planned on sitting with him after he settled in to get him up and running. He was not looking for anything like that, he was wondering if there was another desk chair around because the one currently at the desk hurt his back. How could this ass-hat even know that his chair hurt his back - he has only been here ten minutes! I swear, this weirdo is going to go down as the worst hire in the world!
I am reluctant to say that John may be more annoying than The Boss, but I am beginning to wonder if it is true. God help us all - hasn't 2020 been bad enough already?